Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > Community > NSBR Chatter

Old 10-05-2006, 08:12 AM

profile gallery send pm

Default trampoline winterization????

ok we've had ours for 2 years now, and for the winter we've been taking it completely apart (enclosure, springs, etc.)- just leaving the frame set up.

Is there a better way? LOL!
It's such a pain to tear down in the fall and set up in the spring!

I've heard that the covers just collect water on top and make the trampoline sag.

Any ideas? Oh- and obviously we get snow here- that's why I'm asking.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:23 AM

profile gallery send pm

I live in Manitoba, Canada and do we ever get snow! We have had a trampoline for 7 years and it is the type with the surrounding net up top so no one can fall out. It took us longer to attach that netting than to set the trampoline up! Needless to say, we didn't look forward to taking the netting off and dismantling the trampoline every year. We have left the whole thing up for the 7 years we have had it. My daughter even uses it in the winter (boots off, of course! - she just wears some extra socks). The only problem we have had is that the cover part on the trampoline edges itself have worn but otherwise, everything else is great! It was one of the best investments we made - it has received MUCH more use than the stupid climbing structure complete with slide that we bought!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery products send pm

Home Store:

hehe.... we don't really have a "winter" here in San Diego, so ours will be staying up One of the benefits I guess huh? And we actually dug ours in the ground to make it easier for the kiddos to climb in and out as well as it not stick out quite so much. Needless to say, ours will be in that same spot until its down forever!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:26 AM

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Linda- it's good to know that it's lasted that long with very little damage! Do you clear the snow off? Doesn't it make the trampoline sag?

haha Corina very funny!

If the grandmas weren't up here in the same town, we'd move down south in a heartbeat! I *only* like the snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas LOL!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:36 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie Garza View Post
ok we've had ours for 2 years now, and for the winter we've been taking it completely apart (enclosure, springs, etc.)- just leaving the frame set up.

Is there a better way? LOL!
It's such a pain to tear down in the fall and set up in the spring!

I've heard that the covers just collect water on top and make the trampoline sag.

Any ideas? Oh- and obviously we get snow here- that's why I'm asking.
We do as you do. Our neighbor does the same thing and she has had her black part for over 20 yrs. so we will do the same things forever!

I have seen some trampolines that aren't taken down and the sag and aren't as bouncy as before. So we will continue to take down each winter.

Last edited by Carole; 10-05-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

We left ours out in the snow for years and it never showed any signs of damage. In fact it was one of the highlights of the year for the children to go jump on the snowy trampoline and watch it fly up in the air everywhere. Fun stuff I tell ya
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 AM

profile gallery send pm

I want a trampoline!!! Our yard is VERY slanted and VERY small though! We'd either fly into the neighbor's yard or it would be the 90 degree angle trampoline

My Gallery ~ My Blog ~ My Kaboodle

Looking for my free fonts? They are here and here.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

We just bought a hugo trampoline... so I am assuming that if there is no snow you can leave it up right? It only snows like once a year here, I can't imagine getting my dh to take that thing apart since it doesn't have springs he said it was harder to put together. But OH man are they FUN wears the kids out plus a free show for the neighbors hee hee they get to see me break my neck.

Blog~~

Old 10-05-2006, 11:06 AM

profile gallery send pm

We just got one this summer...and I can't imagine having to take it apart and reassemble it! LOL! I think we'll risk it and leave it out.

Creating for: ScrapNFonts ... Megan Turnidge ... The Lily Pad
Old 10-05-2006, 11:16 AM

profile gallery send pm

We live in the Chicago area and got a trampoline last year. There was warnings on ours about taking down the net (the part you bounce on) before it snows as the materials can become brittle when water gets into the fiber and freezes. Our neighbors have left theirs up all winter for a few years now and the snow and ice kept piling up on it. Their kids were bouncing on it in the spring and the net completely ripped while they were using it! After witnessing the broken bones, we decided to dismantle ours for the summer. I wish their was a better way.....but I'm too afraid to take the risk!

I am always looking for a guest CT spot!!!!

I love....

My DST Gallery