Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > Community > Scrap Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 PM
5peasinapod's Avatar
5peasinapod 5peasinapod is offline
Registered User
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,206
Likes Received: 0
Default Free CU Fonts

Hi! I am looking at doing some word art and was thinking that there are some free commercial use fonts out there...thanks for the point in the right direction!
__________________

Come check it out:
Tips for Parents & Teachers: The Helpful Counselor

Book Blog: 2 Many Good Books
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
mcardall's Avatar
mcardall mcardall is offline
Registered Users
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: my own little world!
Posts: 4,584
Likes Received: 1
Default

Larabie fonts are fine to use.

Darcy Baldwin's fonts are fine to use, too. She sells at SSD now. eta: Her fonts aren't free, but they are REALLY well priced!

I'll be watching this thread for more replies because I would love to know of more sources.
__________________
Meredith
SBB Guest Shoppe

My Newsletter : My Blog : My Facebook : My Store
I create for Krystal Hartley & Misty Cato
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 PM
sugarnspice's Avatar
sugarnspice sugarnspice is offline
Registered User
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 2,907
Likes Received: 1
Smile

Hi 5peas,

Try this link from the CU Freebies blog.
It lists lots of resources for CU Fonts
http://cufreebiesonly.blogspot.com/2...rcial-use.html
Hugs
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-12-2008, 06:43 PM
lavendar's Avatar
lavendar lavendar is offline
DST Insider Staff
Diamond Member
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,339
Likes Received: 4
Default

I've been wondering where to get a few of these myself. Thanks for the link!
__________________
Neisha
Visit my blog: Hang a Ribbon on the Moon
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
lilysmama (Jodie McNally Designs)'s Avatar
lilysmama (Jodie McNally Designs) lilysmama (Jodie McNally Designs) is offline
Registered Users
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,969
Likes Received: 0
Default

I use some Larabie fonts, but I actually purchased the package which is super cheap...I just can't seem to find the link at the moment. It was something like 6000 fonts for 15 bucks or something. I know the Larabie fonts are on www.dafont.com but I just decided to buy the whole she-bang and have them all in one place and have the proof of purchase. I'm reeeeallly careful about anything that is free and commercial use ok...several times I've *thought* that was the case, but later found out that it wasn't!!!!

I love www.dafont.com and I *heart* Darcy Baldwin's fonts (like someone said, not free, but AWESOME and realllyyyyyyyy low prices!!)! www.fontgarden.com is another great place - not free, but definitely reasonably priced.

I hope this helps a bit!
__________________

Check out my blog!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2008, 08:49 PM
onescrappymom's Avatar
onescrappymom onescrappymom is offline
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northeast, WI
Posts: 4,470
Likes Received: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysmama (Jodie McNally Designs) View Post
I use some Larabie fonts, but I actually purchased the package which is super cheap...I just can't seem to find the link at the moment. It was something like 6000 fonts for 15 bucks or something. I know the Larabie fonts are on www.dafont.com but I just decided to buy the whole she-bang and have them all in one place and have the proof of purchase. I'm reeeeallly careful about anything that is free and commercial use ok...several times I've *thought* that was the case, but later found out that it wasn't!!!!

I love www.dafont.com and I *heart* Darcy Baldwin's fonts (like someone said, not free, but AWESOME and realllyyyyyyyy low prices!!)! www.fontgarden.com is another great place - not free, but definitely reasonably priced.

I hope this helps a bit!
And Jodie would know because her word art is the sniz-nizzle!!
__________________

Micheline Martin Designs January 2013 Guest!
* Looking for Guest & Other CT Positions! Check out my DST Gallery! *
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
cfalbro's Avatar
cfalbro cfalbro is offline
Registered User
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 7,397
Likes Received: 3
Default

Great thread, I'll be keeping an eye on this one also : )))
__________________
Carolyn
l My Blog l My Facebook l My Gallery l My Home Business l
My One Little Word for 2012: Gratitude
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-12-2008, 09:57 PM
NatalieBird's Avatar
NatalieBird NatalieBird is offline
Registered Users
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,182
Likes Received: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to NatalieBird
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysmama (Jodie McNally Designs) View Post
I use some Larabie fonts, but I actually purchased the package which is super cheap...I just can't seem to find the link at the moment. It was something like 6000 fonts for 15 bucks or something.
Ohhh Jodie I got this too..lol but it was along time ago now and could never find the link for friends..lol It was such a awesome deal
__________________
~:Natalie:~















Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Greedz's Avatar
Greedz Greedz is offline
Registered Users
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New England, Mid Coast Maine...
Posts: 1,485
Likes Received: 0
Send a message via AIM to Greedz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar&Spice View Post
Hi 5peas,

Try this link from the CU Freebies blog.
It lists lots of resources for CU Fonts
http://cufreebiesonly.blogspot.com/2...rcial-use.html
Hugs

Eh... I'd be careful with that list. It lists ScrapNFont and they do not offer CU at this time - and the few fonts they do offer CU on are available at ScrapGirls.
__________________
Kelly Tina / Greedz Graphics
Manager of Insipration Lane
My Designs:


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Greedz's Avatar
Greedz Greedz is offline
Registered Users
 
profile gallery send pm
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New England, Mid Coast Maine...
Posts: 1,485
Likes Received: 0
Send a message via AIM to Greedz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieBird View Post
Ohhh Jodie I got this too..lol but it was along time ago now and could never find the link for friends..lol It was such a awesome deal

This one Nat?
__________________
Kelly Tina / Greedz Graphics
Manager of Insipration Lane
My Designs:


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump