Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > Community > Scrap Talk

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:12 AM

profile gallery send pm

Default Just bought my last kit...due to crappy packaging!!!

Just bought my last kit!!! I've had it with the CRAPPY packaging some stores/designers do!!!

I REFUSE to pay good money for a kit only to open it up and half of whats in that folder is trash. I DO NOT need 5 blinkies, 3 store/blog links, 54 previews named all different and on and on I can go. Not to mention all of this crap is bigger then the kit or product!!!!!
All I want is ONE preview, and your TOU with blog/stores link.
Nothing more, If I want your blinkie I will find it. If your store/blog link is in your TOU, I DO NOT NEED A LINK IN THE PACKAGING FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!

I buy anywhere from $20 to $50+ a WEEK in digiland, but this week I noted all stores that let their DESIGNERS pack like this! I also REFUSE to buy from a designer/stores that do NOT place the items in a pack. Meaning I unzip and I have to place them in a folder with a name of this product, why am I packaging it up when I BOUGHT it?

Please teach your designers how to package!!!! Stop with the trash please!!!!

Ohhhh one more thing, I will NO longer DL a freebie that is NOT in a folder with a TOU, how am I to remember who made this and where it came from???? You want credit, give me a TOU!!!! Ya I know it's FREE!!! But you want credit don't ya?

Ok off my soap box!!!!
Creating keepsakes one photo at a Time

DigiScrapsFreebies4U!!!!!

Last edited by tragedyanne; 08-09-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:24 AM

profile gallery send pm

creating for
The Digichick::Sugarplum Paperie
::Kathryn Wilson::creashens
La Grier::Shawna Clingerman::Fee Jardine::Zoe Pearn
Crystal Livesay::Fizzy Pop Designs
Guesting for Joyce Paul & Lynne-Marie

Old 08-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I noted all stores that let their DESIGNERS pack like this!
I thought (based on previous threads) that it was the *stores* dictating how designers packaged their downloads??
Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 AM

profile gallery send pm

I agree with you. I get so tired of having to clean out my memory because off all the crap that is packaged. I also note the designers that dont pack in a folder. I *hate* having to take the little time I have to scrap, to package up my products, drives me crazy. In fact, I was just shopping the other day at a store that I had never shopped at. Dropped $30 and ended up spending and hour unzipping, packaging and then deleting half the stuff in the folders. It may sound trivial to some, but as someone who has very little time to enjoy the hobby, it really is annoying.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 AM

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via Yahoo to rossr122

here too, dropped $20 only to clean all the non scrap stuff out, I don't have time for that. That was my last time in that store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
I agree with you. I get so tired of having to clean out my memory because off all the crap that is packaged. I also note the designers that dont pack in a folder. I *hate* having to take the little time I have to scrap, to package up my products, drives me crazy. In fact, I was just shopping the other day at a store that I had never shopped at. Dropped $30 and ended up spending and hour unzipping, packaging and then deleting half the stuff in the folders. It may sound trivial to some, but as someone who has very little time to enjoy the hobby, it really is annoying.

~My Blog
~ My VSA ~
Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 AM

profile gallery send pm

Be it a store or designer with crappy over loaded packaging I refuse from now on to buy from there. I don't care who dictating how the packaging gets done.

What I am saying is NO MORE TRASH in our products please...lol This also includes a couple of very talented designers, you may have the talent to create but not that talent to package...I hate to removing all that stuff that is bigger then the product I just bought. I've had it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by [michele] View Post
I thought (based on previous threads) that it was the *stores* dictating how designers packaged their downloads??
Creating keepsakes one photo at a Time

DigiScrapsFreebies4U!!!!!

Last edited by tragedyanne; 08-09-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

but but but...

If I package my papers elements and alpha in seperate folders and zip them seperate due to lower the file size, and I put in each folder the TOU and a preview of the kit (cause some people extract them not as a whole kit but under alphas papers and elements, so they know with what kit it came) is that allright with you?

Creative for:

Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM

profile gallery send pm

You are so totally right, The only "crap" I have in my kits is a preview, saved at a lower size to spare space and a little tou.
You are welcome to try one of my kits, just pm me :)
Because what will you do when you cannot shop anymore lol.

Publiced: 15 times
My blog: http://www.ikscrap.nl
Old 08-09-2009, 09:31 AM
DST Gold Member

profile gallery send pm

Well I must be nuts or something, but if you like the kit and buy it because you want to use it, why be upset about how it is packed....
Old 08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

Some designers ( TY for this) will put the preview, TOU and blinkies in a seperate folder in the packaging so all you have to do is delete the folder and not 10 previews per folder LOL that is SO much easier! I buy but when I do i delete between 5 to 20 previews, blinkies, example layouts etc etc that i dont need when i organize my stuff, i have deleted whole kits due to the fact most of whats in the folder is just stuff that you dont scrap with LOL Then again there some designers ( TY for this also) that put one preview, blinkie TOU etc injust one of the zip files and that is so much easier too!
PS~ I wish that this would stop me from buying but it dont LOL