Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > Community > Scrap Talk

Old 12-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

Default IKEA GODDESS...... Can it Continue?

For those who don't yet know, IKEA GODDESS is no longer going to be freebie hunting. We are going to miss her so much!!!!!! I know I am not the only one who has relied on her, she has hundreds of comments from well wishers and people thanking her. We all understand and wish her the best!!

I personally feel her site was better than all other freebie sites because it was done manually, and she chose quality items... rather than a list being generated and any old freebie showing up.

I don't know about you all, but I want that to still exist!!!! So much so that I AM CONSIDERING KEEPING IT GOING....... yes, I am serious!! I know it will be a huge task but I think it will be worthwhile and that losing what she has been doing would just be such a huge loss for digi land.

So I want to know.... what does everyone think?? Should I do it? Am I stepping on any toes? That is the last thing I would want. If someone else was already planning to do this let me know. And IKEA GODDESS if you are reading, would love to know what you think too.

I await your replies and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery products send pm

Home Store:

I would think this would be a good opportunity to change it around where freebie creators can log in and post their own freebies? Sort of a product gallery sort of thing?

ETA you could also then attach a blog to your freebie gallery and feature different freebies on a daily or weekly basis. Maybe charge a small fee for posting to offset hosting issues. Big project, either way.

Last edited by diannerigdon; 12-24-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:59 AM

profile gallery send pm

I'd love to see the same quality carry on. Maybe you can see if there are a few people who want to do a day each or something so that you still get to have a life.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

Dianne... Can't designers post their own freebies here on DST? I like the idea but I really want to continue on with the way IkeaGoddess has been doing it because I love that you know you can go there and everything is hand-picked. Plus I would have no idea how to design a site like that, I would just be doing a blog like she was doing. I am in web design classes though so in the future that might be a possibility!

HoneyB.... that is a nice idea, I may very well look into doing that. The only difficulty comes into how to know what is new since the last post... using google reader is the best way but no way to share that with others. Will have to think on this thank you for the idea.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:20 AM

profile gallery send pm

Christie, I would LOVE to see you continue this.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:36 AM
DST Gold Member

profile gallery send pm

I applaud you for being willing to take this over. I agree that IKEA GODDESS always had quality freebies and that by using a personal approach you could retain that quality. If you let just anyone post a freebie no telling what you will get. Best Wishes!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered Users

profile gallery send pm

Like I said to you in our earlier conversation...Do it! Do it! Do it!
It's just my personal opinion but I don't really see why you have to worry about stepping on anyone's toes. Anybody can do anything they want on their blog and if you want to hunt for freebies the way Ikea did, just go for it,lol! Like you said, I also liked the quality control she provided, that's what made is so great (and the fact she put thumbnails so you can see all the freebies just by scrolling down in one spot). Even if someone else does it you can do what Ikea used to do with Amy W. They kind of worked together and if one didn't get it done or took a break they would direct everybody to each other's blog. I think there were 3 freebie hunters at one time and they shared the hunting. As for freebie creators uploading their freebies...they can already do that at DigiScrapDepot because that's one place I always listed mine.

My Blog!

Last edited by calico; 12-24-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:58 AM
DST Moderator
DST Gold Member

profile gallery send pm

Sounds wonderful to me, Christie, I would follow you!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:17 AM

profile gallery send pm

I've been in major withdrawal all month long and checking her site daily! It would be wonderful if a dedicated scrapper would take over!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

I have a forum called Sampler Showcase where everyone (designers and those who are not selling in the stores yet) can post their offerings. Chris has been sharing her finds in that forum. You're welcome to just do it there if you don't want to go thru hassle of setting up a blog or anything.

ETA: I would love for designers themselves post their own samples like Dianne said, but anyone else can post about it too.

Last edited by Ripal; 12-24-2009 at 09:33 AM.