Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > DigiShopTalk Help and Information > DST Technical Support Questions (Public)

Old 02-17-2010, 11:20 AM
 is offline

profile gallery

Default Meet the new leadership of DST!!!

Hey folks -

I'd like to take this time to let you know that Shannon and I are passing the torch of DST. These past four years have been an amazing experience and we have been honored and privileged to serve you. We've thrown our hearts and souls into this site - so much so that it started to take it's toll on the raising of our three little ones. It became clear that we needed to step down for the sake of our family.

Thankfully, we strongly believe that we're leaving you in even better hands. Lee Dodd of Escalate Media will be stepping in to take our place and I have no doubt that, given his resources and knowledge, DST will be bigger and better than ever.

I've had a chance to talk to Lee and get to know him pretty well over the past few weeks and let me assure you - he and his company care about this community and want to build it up from what is already here. They love DST and are just as committed as we are to foster the soul in which it was founded.

Shannon and I will also be around helping with the change in leadership so don't think you can get rid of us too easy. We know that change can be difficult but we hope you'll see (like we have) that this is going to be great for the site you love.

That said, I'd like to introduce you to Lee! I'm sure you guys will have questions as well so fire away!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Humble Overseer

profile gallery send pm

Hello DST members!

Very sorry for the delay in this announcement. Trying to get Erick's schedule and my schedule in line was a difficult task. :)

I am 31 years old, married for almost 13 years, and have 2 beautiful daughters (ages 7 and 9). We live on the NW side of Houston, TX and my work days (M-F typically) are spent managing online communities and helping out different staffers on the Escalate Media team. We are a small company with all of our team members working remotely from their homes. We love online communities and feel they are a great resource to those looking for education, helpful answers, and like minded people to chat with.

We DO NOT plan on making any major changes at this point (outside of moving the site to a faster / more reliable server setup) and always like to take things slow. We look forward to hearing from the community and the staff as to what ideas you have to make this place run better and become an even greater resource than it already is. We don't plan to change anything for now and simply want to get our feet wet, meet everyone, and learn the ropes. We hope all existing staff stick around and the great team that helps keep DST running continues as they are. Erick will be sticking around for several months to help us all transition, so that is much appreciated as well.

Please feel free to ask any questions and make any suggestions you feel are helpful. This is an exciting time for DST and I am very glad to be a part of this great community!

Frequently Asked Question From This Thread:

Lee's "Our of Town" Status Update: Please note that I will be leaving tomorrow for two back to back trips. I will be gone from February 18th through March 3rd. I will have my phone with me and laptop to some degree. Please be patient with me while traveling and I will do my best to respond as quickly as I can. I will be out of the US for most of this time so that will be difficult, but I will do my best. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiOh View Post
As a supporter (banner advertiser, designer product gallery and member of the site) I am interested in knowing if you know (yet) of how the banner ads and memberships will or will not be effected.

Welcome to DST !!!
We don't plan on changing anything at this point. All current advertisers and designers shouldn't worry about any changes any time soon. We don't want to break what is already working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb Speck View Post
...and a faster server will be WONDERFUL!!!
John, our server guru / tech guru should introduce himself shortly...he knows his stuff and should have DST running fast and smooth here soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlizzy View Post
I do have a question though. Are you planning on plastering this site with non scrap related ads like Two Peas In A Bucket did when they sold out?? That is why people came over here. I believe DST will lose a lot of people if the same thing happens here. Please keep this site scrapping related only or people will leave in droves as they did from Two Peas.
That is not our plan at all. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaggletooth75 View Post
Okay upload sizes, the usual was 150K and i tend to make way to many layers and so my upload sizes are closer to 200K If i have to make them any smaller the quality is horrible. Can we please have bigger upload sizes or keep the no size limit now LOL
We can definitely look in to this once we get the site moved to a new and improved server setup and make sure the software is running as good as it can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Crystal View Post
My question is about the memberships. I paid a nice amount for my Diamond Membership. I would hope those will go on as promised?
Yes ma'am. It sure will. No interruptions for Gold or Diamond memberships!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlize View Post
And one question in mind which has never been spoken before from me, Lee, are you planning to change the face of DST? 'Cos I think it's a good idea *wink wink*
I have had this mentioned by several members of DST and think that this is something we can look at after we ease through the transition as well as the server move / site optimization. I look forward to suggestions!

Last edited by LeeD; 02-18-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:31 AM

profile gallery send pm

Hi Lee. You have a link in your post that is to a designer-only area so members here who do not have access to that forum can't see it.

HOME:
Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Humble Overseer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks! Removed. :)
Old 02-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

On behalf of the DST Insider staff, I'd like to welcome Lee to DST. We're eager to get to know you!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Humble Overseer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by starxlr8 View Post
On behalf of the DST Insider staff, I'd like to welcome Lee to DST. We're eager to get to know you!
Wonderful...thanks Jennifer! :)
Old 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
DST Gold Member
Design Member

profile gallery products send pm

Home Store:
Smile

Thanks for the intro Eric- and welcome Lee!
I can imagine how much time it takes for keeping a site that grew from its infancy to this- so I can understand why Eric and Shannon made this decision. I'm impressed at how they've grown it thus far~ my hat's off to them.
It's good that you have a team in place with experience to help manage a site like this- so...change can be a great thing, a big motivator and mobilize all kinds of new resources~ so here's to a new chapter in DST!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Humble Overseer

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Miki....super kind!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Design Member

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via AIM to Tiffikat

Welcome! I look forward to seeing what the future holds for DST!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:12 PM

profile gallery send pm

Welcome to our community I hope things are going to be better. Its wise to first find out how this community works and than decide what to change.
I think the first thing to do is to inform all the people that advertise here and if they can continue doing so.

Publiced: 15 times
My blog: http://www.ikscrap.nl

Last edited by ikscrap; 02-17-2010 at 12:14 PM.