Go Back   DigiShopTalk Forums > Community > Scrap Talk

Old 03-13-2010, 07:37 AM
DST Insider Staff
Design Member

profile gallery send pm

Default 5 reasons NOT to post credits...

Do you not post layouts because you can't remember the credits?
Scrap with only one kit to keep it simple?
Join our conversation here:
http://www.scrappersworkshop.com/hot...1#comment-4546

Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM

profile gallery send pm

Very refreshing!

Come check it out:
Tips for Parents & Teachers: The Helpful Counselor

Book Blog: 2 Many Good Books
Old 03-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Design Member

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via Yahoo to Hummie

I'd like the new owner's stance on this. How is DST going to stand on this issue. Are you going to continue to require credits in the gallery here? That is the rules here, right?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Diamond Member

profile gallery products send pm

Home Store:

No Hummie, there is no rule requiring credits in the gallery here at DST. We would certainly encourage members to follow the TOU of the designers whose products they use in regards to credit.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Design Member
Diamond Member

profile gallery send pm

Hummie,

It is generally the designers who require credits for the public display of their work. It is a common practice with artists even outside the digital scrapbooking world.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:13 AM
DST Gold Member

profile gallery send pm

I love reading credits...but hate keeping the notes...honest here!
I do usually scrap with one kit...just easier for me,

but
darn it...
Tangie and that crazy group of art caravan journalers have caused me to break out of that mold...so, I am learning different ways to keep track.
I had to go look at the "rules" of DST, but had to keep looking for the "rule" about having to leave credit?

Gallery (linked so all can hunt for the rule)

1. We ask that the gallery only be used for digital scrapbook pages or altered items using digital-scrapbook products. Please do not upload product or prize previews.
2. All uploads must be in jpg or jpeg format, no larger than 600px high and wide and no larger than 150K.
3. Each user is allowed a maximum of 5 uploads per 24-hour period. This is to prevent flooding the gallery or crashing the server.
4. Only Featured Designers may post kit previews in the Featured Designer Exclusive Kit subcategory.
5. Any DST Gold Member may post their layout in the Exclusive Kit Layouts subcategory as long as the majority of the layout is using the Featured Designer's kit.
6. For the safety of your children, please consider blurring out any naked tushies that you might scrap. :)
7. We encourage you to leave praise for anyone who posts praise to one of your layouts.
8. Leave as much praise as you can and appreciate all the praise you get!

No rule there. I believe it is just a kind consideration not a rule but common courtesy that the digi scrappers in their kindness have done. Hip hip hurrah for being kind! I love that people do credit the designers out of kindness, not because the are FORCED too. Gotta love that!

My Blog
Living life to the fullest!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:11 AM
DST Diamond Member
DST Moderator

profile gallery send pm

Well, I read the linked thread in post 1 about not giving credit etc, and I will say I can see parts of where it is coming from. It is sometimes tough to keep it all staight.

As, I am still not sure who to credit for inventing the wheel.

When comparing to a creation by a seamstress and not giving credits there...I'm not quite seeing the analogy.
I create a "whatever" from product at the fabric store, using thread, zipper etc. Once it is 'used' its done.
Same goes for paper scrapping. I use a sheet of basic gray, cut it up or share it, once used...its done. I use a sticker, or an alpha letter...its done. (now,if my LO was selected for a magazine-then I reckon, I'd be crediting product list.

When creating a LO using digi product, I feel it is only respectful to share the information (designer/kit, and I include fonts too). There are people who take advantage of digi product--and that is not nice.

Plus I'm down right nosey, I want to know where to locate!!!

My preferences for scrapping a page is to include what works for me. I usually mix kit product (except when I was doing CT work). I keep a list of credits. I even create a list of credits when I complete a book, (someone might want to know...and I forget sometimes).

I know all sites have their gallery posting procedures, and I respect that. My participation at sites requiring a % of said kit/designer/store etc...is waning.
I enjoy the more open sites, but that is my choice.

I think people chose not to post or participate at sites for their own reasons. They might not want strangers to see them or chatter in a forum. They might be so new, they don't "get' how to place it in the gallery, and all the other little idiosyncrasies that exist per site. It can be down right confusing out there in digi land.

I guess that is my 2 cents worth.

~ I have had a side sewing and alteration business for 39 years (from buttons to formal wear (incl. weddings) and creations of competitive dance costumes, ice skating, gymnastics for the little divas)
~ I also teach digi to newbies (as in, I took a picture...now what)
m
ps: guess I'm up to nickel now
Old 03-13-2010, 12:26 PM

profile gallery send pm

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. I never had people tell me that I forgot to credit their staple or something lol.
I have no problem crediting.

What I find difficult is that in one gallery you can post links and in another you can't.

I think it would be really difficult if you not mention credits and people are gonna ask you what you used in your layout a few weeks later. :)

Publiced: 15 times
My blog: http://www.ikscrap.nl
Old 03-13-2010, 12:28 PM

profile gallery send pm

I do credit the main parts of the layouts (though I haven't posted any layouts in a long time, I've not been scrapping much), but I tend to leave out little things like a single button or staple or things like that.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 PM

profile gallery send pm

Send a message via MSN to karen Perry

i cant see what the hard ship of leaving credits is,i have notepad open and type in there as i go along so i know exactly what ive used and a lot of us are on cts and the idea of a ct is to advertise the designers stuff and without credits that wouldnt be possible,i also like credits because if i like someones layout i wanna know what the kit is to go buy it